Walter's Diary isn't a collectible memo in Silent Hill 4: The Room, but a diary spread out all over the Forest World on rocks and trees, in a language that Henry Townshend isn't able to read. Eileen Galvin acts as a translator for Henry.
- Note: This diary is from Eileen's dialogue when she is not possessed. If Eileen is possessed, her speech will be slower and slurred in a more childish sense and the wording will be different.
- He told me I could write whatever I wanted because nobody will ever see it. I like to write. My teacher taught me how.
- I played with Bob. It was fun, but I went too far away and he got angry.
- I played with Bob again. I went even further this time.
- If Eileen is possessed, she will add, "There was a huge rock. It was really cool. He beat me up after it."
- My cheek hurts. I hate him.
- I got hit again. I didn't do anything wrong. I wish he was dead.
- Tomorrow is book study in the chapel. If I can't read well, I'll wind up like John. I'm really scared.
- I finally got outside. John is still stuck in that round cell. I hope I read well tomorrow.
- I did a good job reading today. I was so happy, but the 21 Sacraments for the Descent of the Holy Mother was hard.
- Bob is gone. Nobody will tell me what happened. I bet...
- If Eileen is possessed, she will continue, "I bet he did it. Andrew."
- Some important people came today. One of them... Dah...
- If Eileen is possessed, she will continue, "One of them was a lady named Dahlia."
- The important lady told me my mother was asleep in Ashfield. I have a mother, too! I'm so happy! I want to see my mother. Where is Ashfield anyway?
- I have to stay in the round cell even if I read well tomorrow. If I do it, God will be happy so I will do it. He comes into the round cell a lot to visit, but it's okay I guess.
- Sunday is the day I leave the round cell to read the book. I read very well today. If I can do a good job reading the 21 Sacraments for the Descent of the Holy Mother, I can meet my mother. The important lady told me that, but tomorrow, I'm going to the round cell again.
- I have to take a train or something to get to Ashfield. Everyone says Ashfield is a scary place, but I really want to see my mommy.
- I went to visit Ashfield again. Again, I...
- If Eileen is possessed, she will continue, "Again, I couldn't find Mommy. Some mean girls in the train said mean stuff to me. I got scared. He beat me again, too."
- I went to Ashfield again. It was my fourth time. Just like last time, my mother... ....The city is scary and the apartment where my mother is has...
- If Eileen is possessed, she will state, "Just like before, I didn't see Mommy" and continue, "and the apartment where my mother is has a scary guy in it. If I can just read the 21 Sacraments for the Holy Mother thing, I can be with her."