Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
I've seen talk about what kind of path SH9 should follow; should it try something totally new, should it place like the recent titles, or should it revert to the style of the original trilogy?
I think it'd be fun to consider several elements that the developers could put into it to make it the next great Silent Hill.
Things such as:
- Types of characters
- Male or female protagonist (we haven't really had a female one since Heather. I wouldn't necessarily count Eileen or Elle).
- Horror elements (jump-scares, suspense, shock, or mixtures of them?)
- The type of otherworld. (What theme would be cool to showcase this time? We've seen blood, rust, mirrors, water, fire, and rain. Wonder what could be done next?)
- The types of monsters.
- The length. Do we want a somewhat shorter one like the original trilogy or longer ones like the more recent games?
- The cinematic appeal. (The original trilogy focused on a heavy, dreadful atmosphere. The most recent ones focused on cinematic, dark, shocking atmospheres).
- Camera style. (Creepy and disorienting fixed angles, or the follow-me-from-behind style)
I feel like we should discuss what we want from all of these. We might get some good ideas of the next SH!