The Trick or Treat Box is a puzzle that appears in Silent Hill 2. After the long ride on the Brookhaven elevator in and listening to the game show host, James Sunderland will find a box in the 3rd floor store room. On the box is a panel with nine buttons. The boxes contain 5 boxes of shotgun ammunition and 2 ampoules. This is an optional puzzle, and is not needed to complete the game.
In order to obtain the prize, all of the questions must be answered correctly. If answered incorrectly, a mysterious spray will rain upon James, lowering his health to red, and the box remains locked with no further chance to answer. This puzzle always has the same questions and answers, no matter what Riddle Level is played.
1. Merry-Go-Round, haunted house, roller coaster, ferris wheel and tea cups. Silent Hill is home to a thrilling amusement park that both children and adults love. The question is: What is the name of this amusement park?
- Fantasy Land
- Silent Hill Amusement Park
- Lakeside Amusement Park
2. Silent Hill witnessed a gruesome murder a few years back. A brother and sister were playing in the road when they were attacked and chopped into pieces with an axe. Torn flesh, smashed bones, splattered blood, and finally... What a terrible tragedy. What gruesome ends to such innocent lives. What was the name of the murderer who committed this vile act?
3. South of the lake is a deserted old neighborhood called South Vale. From there to Paleville, the central resort area northwest of the lake, there's only one road you can take. Just one road, no more. The third and final question is: What is the name of that road?
- Bachman Road
- Rendell Street
- Nathan Avenue
1. The name of Silent Hill's amusement park. Where could you find that? Check your map and find the map of Silent Hill. Look at the top to the right of Lakeview Hotel to find the answer: Lakeside Amusement Park.
2. The killer of the two children. Do you remember reading an article about this at the bottom of the Wood Side Apartments garbage chute? Enter your inventory and go to the memo section. The name of the memo is "Article about murder incident". The memo provides the answer: Walter Sullivan.
3. The name of the road that goes from South Vale to Paleville. Check your map again for the answer. Look at the road to the west of the map that is in Paleville. It's called Sandford Street. But look where it connects as it moves south. It connects to Nathan Avenue and goes south all the way to South Vale and is your answer.
- Scott Fairbanks is mentioned in Silent Hill: The Arcade as a 31-year-old, unemployed resident, who was arrested for suspected murder/burglary that occurred in Silent Hill. The murder was of Frank Anderson's wife.
- Eric Gein may be a reference to Edward Gein, the American murderer and body snatcher who made trophies out of his victims. There is also a man named Eric Gein who founded Serial Killers Ink, a website dedicated to selling murderabilia and artwork of certain serial killers and also for interviewing convicted serial killers, although it is unlikely Silent Hill 2 is a reference to it as Silent Hill 2 was released before the website launched.