To a Ghost is the final letter Richard Grady writes to his wife, Helen Grady. It is written on the day of their anniversary, years after Helen's commitment to Cedar Grove Sanitarium in Silent Hill: Origins. In the note, Richard laments losing his wife to her madness, saying the true Helen has been dead since the day she tried to kill Travis and herself. He has lost all hope in Helen regaining her sanity, and decides to kill himself in order to be reunited with her beyond the grave.
- "To a ghost,
- There's no pretending now is
- there? We both know that thing at
- Cedar Grove isn't you. You died
- the day you tried to kill our son.
- When I brought your gift today,
- when you smashed it, I finally woke
- I've been dreaming all these years,
- kidding myself that you'll be right
- one day. The Helen I loved is dead.
- I try to remember how it was, all
- those years ago today when we got
- married. I can't remember anymore.
- I'm tired. I know Travis will be
- fine on his own. I'm going to see
- you again, Helen.
- Yours in forever, Richard."