To My Beloved Wife is a letter which is found in Silent Hill: Origins. It was written byRichard Grady and addressed to his wife Helen Grady, following her commitment into Cedar Grove Sanitarium. Travis Grady can find it in Room 306 on the first floor of the Otherworld version of the Riverside Motel.
In the letter, Richard describes his guilt at having to commit her and the pain he felt due to being separated from her. He also states that he has told Travis that she is dead.
- "To my beloved wife,
- I miss you so intensely. Watching
- them take you away was like a
- dagger through my heart. It had to
- be done, but now I am so alone.
- At the doctor's advice, I told Travis
- that you were dead. Maybe it would be
- better if you were... Helen, will you
- ever come back to me?
- Yours forever, Richard"