Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The letter expresses Richard's frustration and loneliness at being separated from his wife for two years. The bitterness he felt led to an estrangement between himself and Travis, whom he can hardly bear to be around due to the painful memories his son's presence constantly reminds him of.
- "To my absent wife,
- I know that whatever hell I am
- enduring, yours is worse. But
- dammit, this is so hard. It's like
- you're dead, but you're not. The
- Helen I loved is gone, but your
- body is still here! I have slept
- alone the last two years. I've
- become so bitter, so sleazy! I'm no
- father to Travis. I can't even look
- at him some days. What is it going
- to take to bring you back?
- Yours forever, Richard"