Theme of Laura is a song from Silent Hill 2. The song is track 1 in the Silent Hill 2 soundtrack and was composed by Akira Yamaoka. Theme of Laura (Reprise) is considered another version of the song, but is almost completely unlike it musically. The song heavily features guitar. Despite its name, it is not considered to be Laura's theme. Instead, it is the game's main theme.
The song also plays in the end of the Silent Hill film's credits.
- Theme of Laura is based on a sad melody combined with a strong beat and was composed in three days. It is a theme that conveys the melancholy of Silent Hill.
- This song plays at the beginning of the game as part of a preview.
- Akira Yamaoka has claimed it to be his favorite.
- Theme of Laura was featured in "Play! A Video Game Symphony". Akira Yamaoka performed alongside the orchestra on electric guitar during the Chicago and Stockholm performance.
- The original trailer for Silent Hill 2 featured an unreleased variant of the track.
- The Silent Hill 2 E3 trailer featured an extended version of the track.
- From 2:03 to 2:15, the original Silent Hill theme is played.
- The melody from 1:38-2:15 appears in Waiting For You from Silent Hill 4: The Room at 4:11-4:30 and in Love Psalm from Silent Hill: Book of Memories at 2:40-2:50.
- Theme of Laura is used as Silent Hill: The Arcade's main theme.