The memo is found in a bathroom stall adjacent to a decayed corpse crucified to the wall. The memo can be viewed to the right of the corpse, written in blood.
The Monster Lurks
The Monster Lies Dormant
- The Japanese title of the book, "senzai-suru kaibutsu" (lit. "Dormant Monster"), relates much more closely to the contents of the book itself, as seen with Manifestations of Delusions. However, despite this difference, the wall graffiti still reads "The Monster Lurks" in the Japanese version of the game.
- Reading this writing is required to allow Harry to read the Manifestations of Delusions article.
- A character named "Leonard Rhine" is never mentioned in any other Silent Hill installment, leaving his identity entirely unknown. The novelization of the game says Leonard Rhine is an author who focuses on the occult.
- In the Gillespie house, on the wall that lines the staircase, a photograph can be found that bears a stunning resemblance to the corpse found in the stall.
- The setup of the stall itself is a likely homage to a scene in Dean Koontz's novel, Phantoms.
- ↑ Silent Hill, examination in the school's Otherworld Library.