Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
I've got a really simple question, I've notced that their are screen shots from silent hill, most likely the pc verison, with the fog removed. Is there a way to do this in game or is that from a model veiwer program?
- Like on Brookhaven Hospital and Wood Side Apartments? Those were taken from a model viewer which removes the fog. AlexShepherd 05:56, February 14, 2011 (UTC)
Suggestion for poll
If I may, I think a good idea for a fight poll would be Harry Mason vs Pyramid Head. --DARK 15:48, April 24, 2011 (UTC)
I agree but, Harry is dead now. :( Silenthill066 13:11, June 9, 2012 (UTC)
Does anyone knows from where can i download the Sh3 novelGab l 02:08, June 6, 2011 (UTC)
Ive been playing SH4 and i know youre supposed to heal Eileen with th candles but it seems like nothing is happening and meanwhile my apartment is constantly haunted (i forgot to not take the shabby doll so i cant access my old candles) on top of that I try to keep her out of battle but whenever Walter shows up she goes out of her way to attack him 9i help of course XD) but then she gets worse!
WTF should I do?
- you can still get into the item box, you have to check it from the side and not the front (where the shabby doll haunting is). Also if you can, put Eileen in a "safe room" (run really fast from her and then enter another room so she won't be there) which keeps her safe from monsters/Walter. Also unequip Eileen of ALL weapons so she won't fight. —AlexShepherd ツ 21:50, September 29, 2011 (UTC)
I was thinking, does anyone else think it would be a good idea to create a walkthrough section? Yuffie2211 ユフィ・キサラギ 07:12, March 9, 2012 (UTC)
- Nah, I don't think we really need one. GameFAQs has walkthroughs covered, plus we already have a Puzzles section. Creating a walkthrough could be very time consuming. —AlexShepherd ツ 11:56, March 10, 2012 (UTC)
Alrighty, but if you change your mind, i would happily do one for sh 2, 3 and homecoming Yuffie2211 ユフィ・キサラギ 13:34, March 14, 2012 (UTC)
I know i asked...but pleeeeaaassseeee could you reconsider Alex. I'm not the only one who thinks it's a good idea, and i'm willing to do walkthroughs for the whole series あなたとの愛が このままずっと続きますように 05:59, May 17, 2012 (UTC)
GREAT idea!!! PLEASE!!! FOR HARD MODES TOO!!! WesZombie 06:07, May 17, 2012 (UTC)
I support this idea as well, it is a site for the game so why not add it? --User:Carousel123 11:08 pm May 16, 2012
I think it would be a great idea to have a walkthrough section if there are members willing to write them. Why send people looking for them to the competition?? I mean, we want to be considered the forefront in Silent Hill information right? I think this could help us tremendously. I rather look for a walkthrough HERE than anywhere else to be honest. enjoyableari 1:40 AM May 17 2012
Everybody's always on about taking up space in this wiki, and I don't think that walkthroughs are a good use of the space. This whole website reads like an encyclopedia, not a game-guide. There are a million walkthroughs, video walkthroughs, Let's Plays, and GameFAQs relating to every Silent Hill game, and it seems super redundant to add to that! Maybe this is the forefront of SH information, but I don't really agree that walkthroughs fit here. I know personally I have never used this website for hints or walkthroughs... I come here for in-depth information on the people, places, and events in Silent Hill. Anyway, that's my views on it, so I agree with Alex here. Anneihilation 12:09, May 17, 2012 (UTC)
I can see good and bad things about including walkthroughs on this site like they may be seldom used, but if there are people willing to write them (like me) then why not. Also, considering we have the wiki to add info on a character or monster (or anything else) it would be a better quality walkthrough than the others becuase of our in-depth understanding of the elements of the games. HeatherMorris6806 13:54, May 17, 2012 (UTC)
Yeah, I mean...I agree to having walkthroughs guys! We need those for other ummm....Members? I agree :) Silenthill066 13:15, June 9, 2012 (UTC)Silenthill066
A walkthrough for getting the highest possible rank could be useful, many people have trouble and don't know many of the requirements or how to accomplish them. Considering with games like the Silent Hill series, a walkthrough would be great! Mutant705 (talk) 17:12, November 7, 2012 (UTC)
Apparently, we're wrong
Silent Hill Downpour.
what do you mean, wrong? Please be more specific. and if you have a problem with the downpour page and you know better, fix it yourself, thats what the edit button is for. --MurphyPendleton :D 02:30, March 13, 2012 (UTC)
i have beaten downpur twice but, i don't know what the walkie-talkie is used for. anyone know what its used for?
I think it might be a throwback to the old radio days. Doesn't function as a warning system for Murphy though, because it's a two-way communicator radio, not a regular one? Or maybe it does work like a regular SH radio. When I played through I didn't notice any static, but maybe i'm used to static in Silent Hill games. Anneihilation 09:45, March 28, 2012 (UTC)
The static on the Talkie is very apparent... It's completely silent unless you're near a monster and it increases in volume the closer you get. --DARK 20:28, April 13, 2012 (UTC)
I love the new Heather background, but I'm not sure the blue tabs, and buttons really blend well with it. My personal opinion, still I love the Heather background :P
UNMARKED SPOILERS EVERYWHERE
Somebody has been putting unmarked spoilers into the Silent Hill Revelation pages. Now I know parts of the ending of the movie I would rather not have known till Friday. Rm2kking (talk) 02:04, October 25, 2012 (UTC)
- There, I added a spoiler warning on the front page. Should be good for a while. —AlexShepherd ツ 02:53, October 25, 2012 (UTC)
Is there anyone here that makes music like Akira?
Silent Hill Locations
- I agree with ABss that it does tend to hurt my eyes a little bit. I think we could use a little more color to this beautiful place that we call home. I mean, it is OCTOBER so let's enjoy being in the underworld for a while till it's passed. But overall, it's a nice theme. Cᴀɴɪᴇᴀᴛᴛᴀᴄᴏs (talk) 20:02, October 21, 2013 (UTC)
- What exactly don't you like about it? You have to be really specific. "How" does it hurt your eyes? "Why" is it "ugly"? —AlexShepherd ツ 20:03, October 21, 2013 (UTC)
- In my own opinion, I absolutely love the new theme; it's honestly my favorite of the three I've seen since being part of the wiki. It seems to be most encompassing about what Silent Hill's about: that Hell lies somewhere in our minds, and that our facing up to our mistakes is, at some point, inevitable. Now I know that's getting kinda technical, but I am huuuuge on designs standing for something, and Heather showing clear anguish in the Otherworld is perfect to me. Also, as Riley mentioned, it'd be kinda ludicrous to change it after the admins worked so hard on it, but even more than that, when only one person can't stand it. I wasn't huge on the Fog World theme, but I lived with it. --╟_Ωzz… t a l k 21:14, October 21, 2013 (UTC)
- Well, personally i dislike text color. I don't have a problem with vision, but this whiteness hurts my eyes, I mean it literally does. Besides, I don't like, that pages are black, I would prefer white, because to me now this wiki looks too amateur. Oh, and those blue infoboxes are freaking me out. There are too much bright colors. I think it would be better if you use neutral ones, this is not Disney wiki right?--ABss (talk) 12:34, October 22, 2013 (UTC)
- Don't at all mean to sound like a smartass, but the content and theme of this wiki obviously aren't ever gonna be found on Disney Channel. As well, this is one of the most developed wikis of all I've ever come across, not just those I participate in. If you want to see an amateur wiki, click on "create your own" and see how it looks. I do agree that the blue infoboxes make me cringe a bit as they do stand out quite a bit, but I don't know if Alex is still working on those.
- OH. A bit off-subject, but as we're talking about colors, I've been meaning to bring this up: We have to change to colors for the Holloway, Shepherd, etc. family emblems since they were black before and now entirely blend into the background.
- Point is, no one will ever be able to satisfy everyone simultaneously. Hell, it doesn't matter if you're a parent dealing with multiple kids or managing a wiki- everyone isn't going to have it their way. It's about majority, and especially if you look at the feedback on the "new theme" blog, 99% of the users here seem perfectly happy with it. --╟_Ωzz… t a l k 16:54, October 22, 2013 (UTC)
- "It's about majority", well I do agree with that and this too - "this is one of the most developed wikis of all". I love this wiki and that's why I want it to look better. Well, it's just my opinion though.--DevaMK 06:27, October 23, 2013 (UTC)
- We're sticking to a dark theme with white font no matter what - sorry. I find it very weird how it "hurts" your eyes when the opposite tends to be true: white font on black tends to create less eye strain than black font on white. The infoboxes aren't entirely finished yet either. Which infobox are you referring to? Character infoboxes? Would a duller shade of blue be better? Tell me the hex code if you must. And thanks for pointing out the Shepherd's Glen family emblems, I'll invert them when I get Photoshop back. —AlexShepherd ツ 07:04, October 23, 2013 (UTC)
- I'm pretty sure he's talking about the character infoboxes, yes, since they're really the only bluish ones. A duller one might do the trick.
- Oh! And Alex, I assumed above that you meant "white font on black tends to create less eye strain than black font on white", so I hope you don't mind me fixing that (it was "than white font on black" originally).
- No problem! I have GIMP and could do it myself if you'd like, although I'm not entirely sure as to precisely what color you'd want. --╟_Ωzz… t a l k 12:28, October 23, 2013 (UTC)