The Submachine Gun is a firearm introduced in Silent Hill 3 and used again in Silent Hill 4: The Room. They are only wielded by female characters, being Heather Mason and Eileen Galvin. They have good range and inflict a great deal of damage.
Silent Hill 3 Edit
The Submachine Gun is the third ranged weapon found in Silent Hill 3 by Heather Mason, and is discovered in the basement of Brookhaven Hospital; Heather also has this weapon in her inventory during the nightmare sequence at the beginning of the game. It has decent damage, but ammo is scarcely placed throughout the world. It can be equipped with the Silencer.
Silent Hill 4: The Room Edit
The Submachine Gun is an unlockable weapon in Silent Hill 4: The Room. It is for Eileen Galvin's exclusive use. It can only be found after completing the game with a nine-star ranking and starting a "Brand New Fear" game. It is found in Room 102 in the cat lover's apartment in South Ashfield Heights, on the counter by the refrigerator.
- The submachine gun is an Ingram M10 machine pistol dressed up as an IMI Uzi submachine gun.
- The owner of Garland's Pet Shop, Steve Garland, was killed by a submachine gun. It is unknown if the submachine gun found by Henry in Silent Hill 4: The Room is the murder weapon. The same is true for the Rusty Axe and Twin Victims.
- So far, the only characters who have used the submachine gun have been female (Heather Mason and Eileen Galvin).
- In Silent Hill 3, after beating the game once, the player unlocks another version of the Submachine Gun: the Unlimited Submachine Gun, which has infinite bullets and automatic fire; however, in order to get it, the player must beat the final boss using a melee weapon (katana, steel pipe, maul, etc).
- The silencer's interchangeability between the handgun and the submachine gun suggests that they are chambered for the same ammunition; however, due to gameplay purposes, their ammunition boxes are considered separate entities.