- This article is for the song in the first Silent Hill. For the song in Silent Hill: Downpour, see Silent Hill (Jonathan Davis song).
Silent Hill is a song from Silent Hill. The song is track 1 in the Silent Hill soundtrack and was composed by Akira Yamaoka. The song plays in the intro video. One way or another, this song appears in every main-series Silent Hill soundtrack to date, except for Silent Hill: Origins.
Silent Hill (estudio)
- Main article: Silent Hill (estudio)
Silent Hill (estudio) is the piano version of the theme.
From 1:54 to 2:18, a recurrent theme in the series is played and is used as the overall main theme of Silent Hill. This theme is used in every Silent Hill soundtrack except Silent Hill: Origins and Silent Hill: Downpour:
- Silent Hill 2, Theme of Laura (2:25-2:40)
- Silent Hill 3, I Want Love (2:28-2:52)
- Silent Hill 4: The Room, Your Rain (2:54-3:15)
- Silent Hill: Homecoming, This Sacred Line (Chorus)
- Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, Hell Frozen Rain (3:36-3:52)
- Silent Hill 3 features a new version of this track named Hometown with lyrics written and sung by Joe Romersa. It appears during the closing credits of the game, and was also used in a trailer for Silent Hill: Origins.
- At the end of the Silent Hill 4: The Room song Waiting For You ~ LIVE AT "Heaven's Night" ~, the introductory mandolin notes from this theme are played, as if the track were an excerpt from a concert which would be continued with this song.
- The same mandolin notes are used at the end of the first trailer for Silent Hills, that was revealed in P.T..
- In Silent Hill: Downpour, a jukebox inside the Devil's Pitstop diner plays the original theme from Silent Hill . It is also played later when Murphy Pendleton meets Bobby Ricks.
- A shorter version of the song plays during the intro sequence of Silent Hill: The Arcade.