The Sightseeing Brochure is found in Room 104 on the first floor of the Wood Side Apartments in Silent Hill 2. It describes Silent Hill as a quiet resort town surrounded by a gorgeous mountain landscape, and a beautiful lake. The description directly contradicts James Sunderland's current experience in the town when he first finds it, further adding to the mystification into what is going on. It can even be found as stinging, magnifying the sorrow and focus of the installment. While the brochure claims Silent Hill will move and fill one with a feeling of peace, instead his time in Silent Hill does indeed move James, but in the completely opposite direction.
- "Welcome to Silent Hill!
- Silent Hill, a quiet little lakeside
- Resort town. We're happy to have
- you. Take some time out of your
- busy schedules and enjoy a nice
- restful vacation here.
- Row after row of quaint old houses,
- a gorgeous mountain landscape,
- and a lake which shows different
- sides of its beauty with the
- passing of the day, from sunrise
- to late afternoons to sunset.
- Silent Hill will move you and fill
- you with a feeling of deep peace.
- I hope your time here will be
- pleasant and your memories will
- last forever.
- Editor: Roger Widmark"