- See also: Old Revolver
Born from a Wish
In the Born from a Wish sub-scenario, Maria starts out the game with a loaded revolver in her inventory. It has a single bullet in it, suggesting she has been contemplating suicide. Judging from the design, it appears to be a Smith and Wesson Model 60 Ladysmith. The gun works much like James Sunderland's handgun, holding ten bullets in the magazine and using ammo in boxes of ten. At the end of the scenario, Maria contemplates the act of suicide by raising the revolver's barrel to her head. Soon after, she throws the revolver away in defiance, and continues down through the town in search of James.
Silent Hill 4: The Room
Richard's Revolver is a weapon in Silent Hill 4: The Room. Formerly owned by Richard Braintree, Henry Townshend obtains this weapon on his first visit to the apartment world, found in Room 207 (Richard's apartment).
It has great stopping power and is fairly powerful, but ammo for it is very scarce and should be used sparingly. Henry can only obtain two guns throughout the course of the game and this is the most powerful firearm at his disposal.
Richard's Revolver appears to use .357 Magnum shells. His revolver is not based on any one firearm, but takes influence from Webley series revolvers, the Colt Single Action Army, and the Colt New Service.
Silent Hill: Origins
"A heavy, reliable six shooter. Has "Redeemer" etched on its side. A classic .44 hand cannon, this provides more than enough bang for my buck."
The Redeemer is a revolver found in Room 108 of the Riverside Motel. It is capable of firing up to 6 .44 Magnum cartridges before needing to reload. It is a slow firing and powerful firearm designed to take down strong monsters. Its ammo is the scarcest of any of the firearms and should be saved for later in the game.
It resembles a Colt .44 Anaconda revolver with a 6 to 8 inch barrel.
- Maria is so far the only character in the series to start the game with a gun in her inventory (and a loaded one, at that) who was not dreaming or suffering from delusions. Heather Mason starts Silent Hill 3 with a sizeable arsenal in her inventory (a submachinegun, a handgun and a knife) but gameplay shortly reveals it to be just a dream.
- It is interesting to note that Maria's revolver, despite the obvious influences of existing Smith and Wesson models, is capable of holding up to ten rounds, an unusually high count for a revolver, particularly one in .38. This is most likely an added feature for gameplay purposes.
- Alex Shepherd takes an old, broken revolver from his mother in Silent Hill: Homecoming. He later gives the gun to Curtis Ackers in exchange for a functional handgun.
- Eddie Dombrowski has a revolver in Silent Hill 2 that he uses to defend himself and attack James. However, even after he dies, James can not pick it up.
- Some Nurses in Silent Hill 3 carry a revolver which can deal a fair amount of damage to Heather.