Rain of Brass Petals (Three Voices Edit) is track 26 in the Japanese release of the Silent Hill 3 soundtrack and track 13 of the Silent Hill: Revelation soundtrack, playing when the credits roll. It is a remix of "Rain of Brass Petals". The song was composed by, contains lyrics written by, and has vocals performed by Interlace.
I am the first
A shadow at the end of the hallway
I spin the carousel
The laughter recedes away
My finger on your lips
I stole something precious
I am the second
Alone in a faceless crowd
A human caught in monochrome dreams
I scream to wake up
My voice drowns deep underground
Only the dead can hear me, see me
I am the third
A sentinel of awakeness
I hold truth like a torch
Shadows flicker before me
Rapid eye follow the chain of thought
Until the silence ends.
There are multiple, unconfirmed theories about what each of the three parts represent:
- Each verse being a Silent Hill game, the first being Silent Hill, the second being Silent Hill 2, and the third being Silent Hill 3.
- Each verses being from the perspective of Alessa Gillespie (being the first), Cheryl Mason (being the second), and Heather Mason (being the third).
- The verses representing three particularly prominent creatures associated with the Order; Pyramid Head in the first verse, Valtiel in the second verse, and God in the third verse.
- The verses representing three aspects of Pyramid Head: a dutiful servant of God's will, an anguished prisoner trapped in a role he does not want, and a violent killer that exists to bring death and pain to others.
- The verses representing the three repeating aspects of the Silent Hill games, with the first verse being the secret/sin resulting in a person being drawn to Silent Hill, the second verse being the human protagonist trapped in Silent Hill, and the third verse being a personification of the ultimate truth to be found in the town.
- Rapid eye movement (REM) sleep is the stage of deep sleep during which one dreams. The song's lines "Rapid eye follow the chain of thought/Until the silence ends" then seem to harken to Silent Hill's roots in dream-like, surrealist aesthetics and their protagonists' search for truth as the town guides them through these bizarre mind trips.
- You can hear a part of "Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep" which is "If I Should Die". Also, you can hear the same part in Silent Hill 2 Rebirth ending if you reverse it.