Rain of Brass Petals (Three Voices Edit) is track 26 in the Japanese release of the Silent Hill 3 soundtrack and track 13 of the Silent Hill: Revelation Original Soundtrack. It is a remix of Rain of Brass Petals.
The song was composed by, contains lyrics written by, and has vocals performed by Interlace.
Between 1:57 and 2:10 in the song, parts of The Reverse Will (in reverse) from the Silent Hill 2 soundtrack is heard.
I am the first
A shadow at the end of the hallway
I spin the carousel
The laughter recedes away
My finger on your lips
I stole something precious
I am the second
Alone in a faceless crowd
A human caught in monochrome dreams
I scream to wake up
My voice drowns deep underground
Only the dead can hear me, see me
I am the third
A sentinel of awakeness
I hold truth like a torch
Shadows flicker before me
Rapid eye follow the chain of thought
Until the silence ends.
There are multiple unconfirmed theories about what each three parts represent:
- Each verse being a Silent Hill game, the first being Silent Hill, the second being Silent Hill 2 and the third being Silent Hill 3.
- Each verses being from the from the perspective of Alessa Gillespie (being the first), Cheryl Mason (being the second) and Heather Mason (being the third).
- The verses representing three particularly prominent creatures associated with the Order; Pyramid Head in the first verse, Valtiel in the second verse, and God in the third verse.
- The verses representing three aspects of Pyramid Head; a dutiful servant of God's will, an anguished prisoner trapped in a role he does not want, and a violent killer that exists to bring death and pain to others.
- The verses representing the three repeating aspects of the Silent Hill games, with the first verse being the secret/sin resulting in a person being drawn to Silent Hill, the second verse being the human protagonist trapped in Silent Hill, and the third verse being a personification of the ultimate truth to be found in Silent Hill.