Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
It is presumably written by an unknown patient at the hospital who is suffering from depression, though the real author of the diary is unknown, and it is theorized it may belong to Angela Orosco or Mary Shepherd-Sunderland, although it has been confirmed Mary did not stay at Brookhaven. Silent Hill 2: The Novel mentions Angela went to a "far away hospital" and was prescribed drugs, and the side effects were torturous on her (a line from the diary reads "The meds made me feel sick today"), supporting this Angela theory.
A line from the diary reads "Would they have saved me if I didn't have a family to feed?". Jeremy Blaustein seems to have taken quite a liberty when translating this sentence. The Japanese script says "Would they have saved me if there was no one who would grieve for me?".
- "May 9
- Stared out the window all day.
- Peaceful here — nothing to do.
- Still not allowed to go outside.
- May 10
- Still raining.
- Talked with the doctor a little.
- Would they have saved me if
- I didn't have a family to feed?
- I know I'm pathetic, weak.
- Not everyone can be strong.
- May 11
- Rain again.
- The meds made me feel sick
- If I'm only better when I'm
- drugged, then who am I anyway?
- May 12
- Rain as usual.
- I don't want to cause any more
- trouble for anyone, but I'm a
- bother either way.
- Can it really be a such a sin to
- run instead of fight?
- Some people may say so, but they
- don't have to live in my shoes.
- It may be selfish, but it's what
- I want.
- It's too hard like this.
- It's just too hard...
- May 13
- It's clear outside.
- The doctors told me I've been
- released — that I've got to go
- I --------------"