The Out of Use memo can be found in the TB Ward of Cedar Grove Sanitarium by Travis Grady in Silent Hill: Origins. It restricts the use of the iron lung machine and also makes mention of an "accidental" death during its use. The patient involved may have been the "Mr. Magpie" who was mentioned in the magpies memo. This, however, is unknown.
- "OUT OF USE
- In light of recent accident I am
- barring the use of the iron lung
- equipment. This applies to all staff,
- including senior nurses. Patient
- deaths during therapy are not to be
- treated lightly. I find it hard to
- believe that someone could
- 'accidentally' overload every valve
- on the equipment and so, until the
- inquiry has concluded, I must assume
- the equipment itself is at fault.
- These precautions are essential- we
- owe a duty of care to all of our
- patients, even the difficult ones.
- Dr. Harris"