Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
On Memory is a series of memos that can be found in Silent Hill: Book of Memories.
- Ever had a friend remember a shared event entirely
- differently than you remember it? When a memory is
- "deleted" from the human brain, it does not
- completely disappear. It leaves behind Memory Residue.
- From this "MR", new memories can be formed; not the
- usual way -- by experiencing outside stimuli -- but
- by repurposing the MR into a new, changed memory.
One theory behind supposed ghost-sightings is that they are not ghosts at all, but fragments of memory. Certain locations are very sensitive to negative energy. If a strong or traumatic event takes place, its memory can "echo", and leave a sort of phantom behind.
When one area is host to a number of traumatic events, the effect becomes stronger--potentially spilling over into other, completely separate memories. Objects related to such a location can even "carry" these vibrations from place to place, spreading negative energy from person to person over a great distance.
The human mind is a peculiar thing, holding the ability to revise behavior, opinion, and even memory to conform to a perceived "truth". For example, multiple eye-witnesses to a crime may remember the suspect's features (height, weight, hair-color, etc.) entirely differently.
So, if even memory is perfectly malleable, how objective could truth ever be?