The Occult Magazine is a memo found on the stairs of Platform 4 in the Hazel Street Subway Station in Silent Hill 3 by Heather Mason. It alludes to an upcoming event in the game and ties the mysterious man mentioned in a newspaper article to this occurrence.
When Heather inspects it, she states that she read it before and thought it seemed like a "bunch of crap", but admits she would read it for fun, implying an interest with the paranormal despite not believing in it.
- "The souls of those who died
- suddenly by suicide or accident
- don't realize they're dead.
- Sometimes they stay put and
- haunt that particular place.
- These spirits have lost their human
- senses and memories and can only
- keep replaying the pain and sadness
- of the moment they died.
- The pain can get so bad that they
- turn to humans for salvation -- or
- they begrudge humans their lives.
- At such times they can possess
- Places known as "famous suicide
- spots" or "high-accident areas"
- are often to blame.
- You should be careful when
- approaching such locations,
- especially on the day or at the
- time the death occurred.
- That is, if you don't want it
- to happen to you, too..."