These nurses have a more "human"-like appearance. They each have an ambiguous red square-shaped substance around their mouth, implying that they have either coughed up blood or have been feeding on a bloody carcass. This substance could be blood, paint, or make-up. Their hair is all uniformly cut into bob cuts and they share the Bubble Head Nurses' busty appearance. They appear to have purple eyeshadow and lipstick. They make heavy panting noises and when injured, they utter bloodcurdling screams.
Nurses are generally more dangerous than other creatures at the time, particularly those with the handgun. Those armed with pipes swing away at Heather Mason when she comes close enough, limping towards her until they're in range. Those with revolvers should be dealt with immediately, as they can attack from quite a ways away and deal a large amount of damage. They can also pistol-whip Heather if she is in close enough range.
The nurses are manifestations of Alessa Gillespie's memories of her hospitalization and of Lisa Garland. The Book of Lost Memories said it is also possible these nurses are actual nurses that have been perverted by the power of the Otherworld rather than true manifestations though the details are unclear.
- Their hair and face structure resemble the Fukuro Lady.
- Some characteristics can link them to the Puppet Nurse from the original Silent Hill game:
- Like the Puppet Nurses, they walk with an arching upper torso, and more closely resemble real people as opposed to disfigured monsters
- The Nurses' garments are naturally bloodied, but more so toward their upper spine, the same place the Puppet Nurses developed their possessing growths
- When they are hit, they sway and appear to levitate off the ground to correct their stance, as if they are being held by invisible puppet strings.
- These Nurses were the base for the ones found in Silent Hill: The Arcade.