- This article is about the memo. For the guide released by Konami, see Book of Lost Memories. For the book as seen in Silent Hill 2, see Book: "Lost Memories".
Lost Memories is a book found in Silent Hill 3, inside room C4 of the Otherworld Brookhaven Hospital. It is probably a copy of the same book James Sunderland found in Silent Hill 2, since it also speaks about the history and legends of Silent Hill.
Reading it will give the player a clue that the plastic bag with blood found previously must be spilled on the altar near the book, and thus allowing Heather Mason to proceed down a ladder to defeat Leonard Wolf.
- "One characteristic, mentioned only
- in rare documents and dying out in
- the modern age, is that of the ritual
- 'Offering prayers, pierce a man's
- chest with a copper stake. Drench
- the altar in the blood which spouts
- red from the heart, to praise and to
- show loyalty unto God.'
- In another sacrificial rite mentioned
- in the same book, the victim is
- burned alive.
- This was a more dignified ceremony
- in which prisoners and sinners were
- not allowed to participate. Only the
- clergy could be sacrificed.
- Similar to burning at the stake, no
- comparable rite can be found in
- religions practiced nearby. It may
- have some connection with the
- main deity being a sun god.
- Even though this religion extols
- redemption, it brings to mind a
- dark and cultish history."