Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Legend of the Lake is a magazine found in an office location of Toluca Prison in Silent Hill 2. The magazine serves as some insight into the strange occurrences that took place at Toluca Lake in the past, specifically the incident in 1918 when the tourist ship, the Little Baroness, failed to return to port, and an even stranger incident which occurred in 1939.
- "Toluca Lake, the town's main
- tourist attraction.
- This clear, beautiful lake has
- another side as well.
- It may seem like just a typical
- ghost story that you might find
- in any number of old towns
- across the country.
- But in this case, the legend
- is true.
- On a fog-bound November day in
- 1918, the Little Baroness, a ship
- filled with tourists, failed to return
- to port.
- A newspaper article from back
- then simply says "It most likely
- sunk for some reason". Despite
- an extensive police search, not
- a single fragment of the ship nor
- any of the 14 bodies of
- passengers or crew has ever
- been recovered to this day.
- In 1939, an even stranger incident
- [There are many pages torn out]
- Many corpses rest at the bottom
- of this lake. Their bony hands
- reach up towards the boats that
- pass overhead. Perhaps they
- reach for their comrades."