The Hyper Blaster is a weapon obtained after the UFO Ending of Silent Hill. Alternatively, the player can plug in one of the Konami Justifiers in the P2 slot. It will appear in Harry Mason's inventory at the start of the game in the cafe.
No ammunition is required, and it has a long range. It will automatically aim, which means it will rarely miss its target. The auto-aim will also sight enemies in the dark through walls.
After the gun is acquired, subsequent playthroughs will yield three possible upgrades:
- Red Beam (low - as powerful as the handgun)
- Yellow Beam (medium - as powerful as the shotgun)
- Green Beam (high - as powerful as the rifle)
To obtain the Green Hyper Blaster, the player must achieve a 10 Star Ranking. Using the gun can lower the player's rank at the end of the game, however. Also, the player must keep the rank they earn in order to keep the upgrade to the weapon. For example, if the player achieved the Yellow Beam but was rewarded with a low rank during that game, the gun would default back to Red Beam.
Silent Hill: Downpour
In Silent Hill: Downpour, the Hyper Blaster makes an appearance as one of the artifacts necessary to complete the "Digging Up the Past" sidequest. It does not appear in the inventory, but in the extras menu. Murphy Pendleton will comment that "it's too bad it doesn't work."
- Both the Laser Pistol and Hyper Blaster appear to be based on the green Konami Justifier.
- The Hyper Spray in Silent Hill 2 has the same concept as the Hyper Blaster.
- The Tesla Rifle in Silent Hill: Origins is also probably inspired by the Hyper Blaster.