The History Book is a memo from Silent Hill: Homecoming found on a pedestal in the central room of Shepherd's Glen Town Hall. The book gives a brief overview of the town's history, as presented to an outsider.
- The history of Shepherd's Glen is one of opportunity and enterprise.
- First settled nearly a century and a half ago, its founders came here as pilgrims, searching for a new home to practice their faith and ensure the prosperity of their four families.
- It soon flourished into a thriving small town.
- Shops and businesses sprung up on what is now Main Street.
- The turn of the century brought tourists, eager to explore the region's lakes and rivers. And with tourists, came more business.
- In the 1950s, many of the original municipal buildings, such as the town hall and the library, were restored.
- The 1990s encouraged further investment, modernizing Shepherd's Glen as it headed into the new millennium.
- But throughout its success, Shepherd's Glen has always managed to remain a close-knit community, maintaining the same ideals on which it was founded.
- One can only hope that the founding families would be proud, if they saw the town as it is today.