The memento consists of a pack of 14 "Hemingway Ultra Light Class A" cigarettes.
The cigarettes may allude to habits that Cheryl Mason developed following Harry's death. In Silent Hill 3, upon inspecting a burning cigarette, Heather Mason, the reincarnation of the first game's version of Cheryl and also Alessa Gillespie, mentions having quit smoking "for good". It may also indicate that Harry smoked cigarettes while he was alive; however, these theories are unconfirmed.
- In Silent Hill: Origins, there is a billboard that advertises Hemingway cigarettes.
- In Silent Hill 2, Maria meets Ernest Baldwin and he introduces himself with his first name, to which Maria replies, "Hemingway?".
- The "A Moveable Feast" memento also refers to Ernest Hemingway.
- Most of the cigarette packs found scattered through Silent Hill: Downpour are Hemingways.
- Most packs of cigarettes contain 20 cigarettes, though there are some small cigar brands that carry 12. 14 is a peculiar number for a pack of cigarettes.