Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Doctor's Journal is found in the document room on the first floor of Brookhaven Hospital in Silent Hill 2. The journal makes reference to the Otherworld from an outsider's perspective. For the doctor, the Otherworld is nothing more than an illness which has the potential to reside in all people. The doctor is able to view the patient while he is in the Otherworld, but the doctor is not experiencing it themselves. This is similar to how Laura appears to view the world around her: she is able to see James Sunderland, but is oblivious to the horrors that James is experiencing.
- "The potential for this illness
- exists in all people and, under
- the right circumstances, any
- man or woman would be driven,
- like him, to the 'other side'.
- The 'other side' perhaps may
- not be the best way to phrase it.
- After all, there is no wall between
- here and there. It lies on the
- borders where reality and unreality
- intersect. It is a place both close
- and distant.
- Some say it isn't even an illness.
- I cannot agree with them. I'm a
- doctor, not a philosopher or even
- a psychiatrist.
- But sometimes I have to ask
- myself this question. It's true
- that to us his imaginings are
- nothing but the inventions of
- a busy mind. But to him, there
- simply is no other reality.
- Furthermore he is happy there.
- So why, I ask myself, why in the
- name of healing him must we drag
- him painfully into the world of our
- own reality?
- [Something else is written by hand.]
- I got the key from Joseph.
- It's probably the key to that box."