Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Child's Drawings are collectible items found throughout Silent Hill: Homecoming. They are crayon drawings made by Alex Shepherd's little brother, Joshua Shepherd, that elaborate on the story of Silent Hill: Homecoming and the Shepherd family's troubles. There is a total of 18 drawings scattered throughout Shepherd's Glen and Silent Hill, often hidden from plain sight.
The first drawings found are of "bunnies" that allude to the Shepherd family and what has happened to them, bunnies being Joshua's personal choice of representation, a clear allusion to Robbie the Rabbit, whom Joshua proves to be fond of with him having a toy of rabbit. The next set of drawings depicts scenes that illustrate a poem regarding the town's ritual and practices through the following verses:
- Where is Steven, mommy? He can't play and I'm sad.
- You mustn't ask, my darling--Steven has been bad.
- Billy too, and Sally? Did they do something wrong?
- I'm afraid it's true, child--all your friends are gone.
- Beware of he who took them--he goes by many names.
- The Bogeyman, the Shadowed One, but all are he, the same.
- For every sin a child has, must be a punishment to bear.
- Your friends are now beyond our reach; trapped deep within his lair
- And if they take what is not theirs, there can be no doubt.
- He'll stretch their skin until it snaps, and all the blood drains out.
- Remember to always behave, for sins he won't abide.
- He wields a rusty, jagged blade, to cut out your insides.
- The lying little children, with souls selfish and small.
- Will find their wriggling tongues cut out, and nailed to his wall.
- The bullies and their spiteful wrath will find torment as well.
- Soon he will strike them where they stand and drag them into hell.
- Child, you must obey your parents; do everything they say.
- Little ones who do otherwise, he tortures in the flames.
- Beatings cleanse the soul, they say, and that is what he'll do.
- If you don't control your anger then you'll feel his anger too.
- You are your brother's keeper, remember it always.
- Or else, the Bogeyman will chain you underneath the waves.
- And while the good children live, the bad ones cannot escape their fate.
- For once you hear his screeching wail, it's already too late.
- So do not cry aloud at night, stay hidden in your bed...
- Or the Bogeyman from Silent Hill will come chop off your head.
The drawings of the bunnies Joshua leaves behind during Alex's nightmare represent the Shepherd family. For example, the drawing of the bunny "flailing about in the water" represents Joshua and his unfortunate death, and the "catatonic" bunny represents his mother's fractured mental state.
The second set of drawings represents the myth of Shepherd's Glen and its tradition from the viewpoint of the children. The story is appropriately told as a nursery rhyme, as the children are kept from knowing the truth behind the disappearances and founding families' responsibilities of sacrificing their child.
There is also mention of "The Bogeyman of Silent Hill", which, in the case of Homecoming, refers to Pyramid Head.
- Alchemilla Hospital, on the floor just past the door with a code lock.
- Alchemilla Hospital (Otherworld), operating theater, just past the fleshy membrane.
- Alchemilla Hospital (Otherworld) Room 203, on the wall beside the mirror.
- Alchemilla Hospital (Otherworld) on the ground in the 2nd floor hallway.
- Alchemilla Hospital (Otherworld) on the door to Room 206.
- Shepherd's Glen, on the fence in the park.
- Shepherd family's house, in the back, on the fence.
- Shepherd's Glen, on the back of the Missing Persons billboard.
- Grand Hotel, Room 504, on the back of the wardrobe after Alex moves it.
- Hell Descent, on the floor right of the Smog after Joshua runs away.
- Hell Descent, on the floor after going through the first fan.
- Town Hall, behind a shelf in the boarded-up room.
- Shepherd's Glen, Rose Heights Cemetery, inside a tomb in the Founder's Garden.
- Shepherd Family's House (Otherworld) inside the closet (behind the fleshy membrane) in Joshua's bedroom.
- Silent Hill, on the fence in the backyard of the Bait Shop.
- Overlook Penitentiary, 2nd floor, cell block B, upper guard's room.
- Church, behind the left pylon where Alex's father was hanged.
- Lair, in the room labeled "GATE" behind the dumpster.
- In the Xbox 360 version of the game, the achievement Nursery Rhymes (50G) is gained after collecting all the child's drawings.
- All of the drawings found within Alex's Alchemilla Hospital nightmare have water-soaked edges, referencing how Joshua died.
- Another drawing, though not included in the collectible series, can be found stuck to the refrigerator in the Shepherd House. It is presumably drawn by Joshua, as it depicts only him and his parents, and possibly illustrates what happened before he was killed and Alex was sent away.