Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Chang Ch'ien (張騫) is a figure referenced in Silent Hill: Origins as being the first in recorded history to have used the Flauros, an object of importance in both Origins and Silent Hill. A yellowed page regarding him and the Flauros' historical background can be found on a tableside in Green Lion Antiques.
- "Flauros Device: Origin unknown.
- The device is first mentioned in the
- poetry of Chang Ch'ien, an advisor
- to members of the early Han
- dynasty. In one of his tracts, Chang
- Ch'ien jokes he trapped a demon
- inside his 'three-sided box'.
- When Chang Ch'ien died in a
- terrible fire at the imperial palace
- in 115 BC, the device appeared
- It was later rumored to be in
- possession of Lutheran monk M. G.
- Lewis, who in 1796 spoke of its
- ability to control and amplify
- thought. It was Lewis who linked it
- not to a demon, but to God
- himself, claiming it was a weapon
- left by angels as a force for good."
- In actuality, a Chang Ch'ien truly existed. It's rather likely the historical figure is the basis for, if not the same as, the Chang Ch'ien referenced in Origins.