- This article is for Cafe 5to2 as seen in the original Silent Hill game. For the diner seen in Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, see Diner 52.
Cafe 5to2 is a small diner located on the north side of Old Silent Hill on Bachman Street. It features predominantly in the original Silent Hill game and is re-imagined as Diner 52 in Silent Hill: Shattered Memories.
Near the beginning, after being attacked by the Otherworld's monsters, Harry Mason wakes up here, presumably saved by officer Cybil Bennett. It is also here that Harry receives his first weapons, the knife and the handgun, as well as the series trademark radio and flashlight. A few health drinks and a save point can also be found; there's ammo for the handgun outside on a bench. Despite Cybil's suggestion to remain safe and indoors, Harry attempts to leave the cafe to search for Cheryl Mason. However, as soon as he does the radio begins to emit the ubiquitous static, and he is subsequently attacked by an Air Screamer.
- The name 5to2 is a homage to the 1994 movie Natural Born Killers.
- There are Portishead posters on the window.
- There are Stephen King "Study Dammit!" posters by the pinball machine. The poster was made when he was in college and was put into the college newspaper to "inspire" the students to study.
- Inside the café is a Medieval Madness Pinball machine. This is a reference to Children of the Corn, when Malakai is playing pinball.