The Bryant Overlook Memorial is an engraved memorial stone found in Silent Hill: Shattered Memories.
The memorial is for Daniel R. Bryant, a pioneer who crossed Toluca Lake with thirty-four fellow pioneers in order to reach Silent Hill. Unfortunately, thirteen years after he crossed the river, he died of influenza, was buried in town and the aforementioned location was named after him.
- "On February 12, 1730, Daniel R. Bryant
- and a group of thirty-four pioneers
- crossed Lake Toluca to arrive in
- Silent Hill.
- During the Great Winter of 1729, the
- group had lost over eighty of its
- members, most of them children.
- Arriving in the area, the pioneers set
- up camp here where the elevated
- positions gave them safety. This river,
- one of many that feeds into Lake
- Toluca, was a source of water and
- food for the settlers.
- Years later, when he died of influenza
- in 1743, Bryant's body was buried in
- town and this overlook was named
- in his memory."
- After staring at the memorial for about 2 seconds, Harry will say "I learn something new everyday."