Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- This article is about the game item. For the guide released by Konami, see Book of Lost Memories. For the book as seen in Silent Hill 3, see Lost Memories (Silent Hill 3).
The Book: "Lost Memories" is a secret item found in the West South Vale area of Silent Hill 2, and is required for the "Rebirth" ending. It can only be unlocked after completing the game once and can be found on a newspaper stand at Texxon Gas. Unlike most other memos, the book is an actual item appearing in James Sunderland's inventory. It gives backstory for the town of Silent Hill, Maine.
- "The name comes from the legend
- of the people whose land was
- stolen from them.
- They called this place 'The Place
- of the Silent Spirits'. By 'spirits',
- they meant not only their dead
- relatives, but also the spirits that
- they believed inhabited the trees,
- rocks and water around them.
- According to legend, this was
- where the holiest ceremonies
- took place.
- But it was not the ancestors of
- those who now live in this town
- that first stole the land from these
- people. There were others who
- came before.
- In those days, this town went by
- another name. But that name is
- now hopelessly lost in the veils
- of time.
- All we know is that there was
- another name, and that for some
- reason the town was once
- abandoned by its residents."
Born from a Wish
- "I have the strongest trust — you may
- even call it faith — in the miracle
- called 'Resurrection of the Dead'.
- Upon the hill where
- the light descended,
- the Beast intoned his song.
- With words of blood,
- drops of mist and
- the vessel of night,
- the grave become an open field.
- The people wept in fear and joy
- at the reunion, but my faith in the
- salvation of Xuchilpaba did not
- It is also spoken of in the ancient
- legends. The original worshippers
- did not believe that death was the
- end, but that it was simply the path
- by which the deceased returned to
- nature. They also believed the
- process was reversible."
There is also a note written by Ernest Baldwin at the end of the memo that reads:
- "Blood = Red
- Mist = White
- Night = Black"
- A book also called Lost Memories in Silent Hill 3 may be the same one found in Silent Hill 2.
- It is unknown if Xuchilpaba is Xuchilbara.