The Book: "Crimson Ceremony" is a secret item found in the reading room on the second floor of the Otherworld Lakeview Hotel in Silent Hill 2, and is required for the "Rebirth" ending. It can only be unlocked after completing the game once. Unlike most other memos, the book is an actual item present in James Sunderland's inventory.
The roots of the Crimson Ceremony lie in Mayan and Aztec rituals. At one time, the ritual of human sacrifice was quite prevalent.
- I am the Crimson One.
- The lies and the mist are
- not they, but I.
- You all know that I am One.
- Yes, and the One is I.
- Believers hearken to me!
- Twenty score men and
- seven thousand beasts.
- Heed my words and speaketh them
- to all, that they shall ever be
- obeyed even under the light of
- the proud and merciless sun.
- I shall bring down bitter vengeance
- upon thee and thou shalt suffer
- my eternal wrath.
- The beauty of the withering flower
- and the last struggles of the dying
- man, they are my blessings.
- Thou shalt ever call upon me and
- all that is me in the place that is
- Oh, proud fragrance of life which
- flies towards the heart. Oh, cup
- which brims with the whitest of
- wine, it is in thee that all begins."