About the Cult's Symbol is a memo found by Heather Mason in Silent Hill 3, in the bedroom of an unnamed member of the Order at the cult's chapel. It is a manuscript copy of a book's chapter, explaining the meaning of the Order's symbol: the Halo of the Sun.
There is a slight mistranslation error. The symbol itself is known as the Halo of the Sun and represents God. There is no deity called the Halo of the Sun. A better translation would be "represents the deity and is known as the Halo of the Sun."
- "Represents the deity known as
- 'The Halo of the Sun'. In heraldry,
- symbolizes a religious group.
- The two outer circles are charity and
- resurrection; the three inner circles
- are present, past and future.
- Usually drawn in red. Occasionally
- drawn in black or other colors, but
- blue reverses the meaning into a
- curse on God and is therefore