A Place With Songs and Sound is a memo written in blood on an open book that Harry Mason can find in the reception area of Midwich Elementary School in Silent Hill. Along with two other memos found in the same area, it composes the first clues to the Clock Tower Puzzle.
- A place with songs and sound.
- A silver guidepost is
- untapped in lost tongues.
- Awakening at the ordained order"
- The title of the memo may be a reference to the television series Twin Peaks, which is cited as a primary influence on the Team Silent–produced games. Specifically, it may pay tribute to Special Agent Dale Cooper's first visit to the Red Room, during which the Man from Another Place says, "Where I come from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air."
- In the demo version of Silent Hill, the photos in the left page of the book were different, with one picture appearing to be from the film Natural Born Killers  and the second from Pulp Fiction . This could have been one of the many film references that can be found in Silent Hill.